Thursday, August 5, 2010

Our First Food Trial: Pears, Day 2 (A Slight Change of Plan)

No, I'm not going to blog every day about our first food trial. We'll be trialing each food for two weeks, so that would get incredibly dull, wouldn't it? Go ahead. Nod your head. Don't feel bad. It's true.

But I am writing this morning... 7:45, another 1/4 teaspoon of pears in. I won't be increasing the amount yet. Thanks to Joy and other moms all over the FPIES internet world, we have a small change in plans. We'll feed G the same amount for 3 days and, should she tolerate it, we'll double that amount, stay there for three days, etc. Part of me just wishes I could serve up a big 'ol bowl of pears and let her dig in and part of me wishes we weren't even at the 'feeding' stage yet. Most of all, I'm just glad we haven't needed to head back to the ER!

And just so you know, I was right on with the tooth prediction. This morning we're celebrating the arrival of tooth #2 (bottom right). Hooray! Oh - and more than anything, we're celebrating a 3rd night of incredibly improved sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment